Motorcycle & Moped Safety
Check your vehicle every time before riding
- Perform TCLOCK Inspection
- Oils and Fluids
- Chassis and Chains
General Safety Tips
- Fill your fuel tank slowly and do not overfill.
- Allow your engine to run slowly for several minutes so the oil reaches all the surfaces it needs to lubricate.
- Shift your transmission to neutral before starting your motorcycle or moped.
- Read the owner's manual before operating your motorcycle or moped.
- Required by law
- Helmets that are properly worn (bicycle helmets are not good enough)
- Eye protection or Windshield (motorcycle only)
View more information on Georgia's motorcycle and moped laws.